Sunday, February 15, 2009

How easy it is to fall apart

I had the most interesting night yesterday.
I sat around a table, 30 mins before mid night, sharing a heart shaped Hawaiian pizza with a drug dealer, a skater and myself.
I know... sounds like the start of a bad joke, but in all honestly it was true.
In front of me, were two of my friends. Complete and utter opposites, and often people I would never see myself sitting with. But in reality, i had not only one of the best pizzas I have ever had(because it was a heart of course), but a real, true, deep discussion about relationships, friendships and life from three different perspectives.

My drug friend told me about his relationship problems. How he got to a point so low where the only thing that could make him smile was a dangerous combination of drugs, drinking and smokes.  And, at that time our dear friend(who was not present) chose to abandon him because he couldnt deal with it any more.  I remember when this situation was happening to my drug friend, and I remember thinking "he shouldnt leave him now, he needs him now".  But, I never understood the magnitude of the sitution...that he was that low, to the point where a hangout sesh with a friend, or a hug couldnt help anymore.  He was not proud of it, and was not able...still.... months later.... to see the positives in the situation, the strength that he gained from being able to pull himself out of that.  I never knew him as more than someone that was fun to hangout with and joke around with, I never knew that inside he was so much more.  He told me about how he would give anything for his friends, and how he just wants to help people. Starting the conversation it sounded like words, but when my skater friend put his arm around him and said "this guy is the best, beyond the frosted tips, expensive clothes, and drugs; he is a great genuine guy" it really hit me that there is so much more to him.  Its so true, infinate respect for him surrounded what I thought of him.

The time ticked past, and I shared my feelings about different aspects of my life, and they shared their thoughts and opinions too.
I learned so much about different people.

It amazed me that three drastically different people were able to sit there and chat for hours, before we knew it it was way past the time we were to leave, and as I was driving them home I knew it was a memorable night.

Thanks guyss <3, not only for being the best, and letting this random(somewhat forbidden) friend into your lives, but for being yourselves.>

No comments: